Thursday 27 May 2010

A very short update

I have spent the last 2 days in Shangrilla in northern Yunnan province. The longer stay was somewhat unitntional but neccessary as the rear hub on the bike ( the one that powers the wheels) had completly shattered from the inside.

I was however able to get one sent up on the overnight bus from Kunming. I spent the best part of yesterday re-spoking the wheel- not the worlds easiest or most exciting job. It is now fitted however and i will be on the road to Litang this morning.

I only have 11 days eft to run on my Chinese visa so it is going to be a crazy run to get to the border in time. It will be a $50 fine for each day i am over which i dont really want! Hoprefully i can be a little less rushed once i get to Laos. The wet season has started hear and i think it will only get better ( or worse) as i head south. At least it will be warm......

No comments:

Post a Comment