Wednesday 30 June 2010

Iggy nad bobbie get a facelift

Today has been a rather expensive day- a visit to a bike shop can sometimes do that. Iggy ( Igor) and Bobbie are now look so much hotter for it though. Iggy has a new rear tire and tube. I have had more flat tires in Thailand than the rest of the trip so i though it might be time for a new one. The previous one has just clocked over 7000km. He does still have the original front tire though.

He also got some very flashy new handle bar tape- aqua and black. After crashing into a parked motor bike the other day my wrist has been quite sore. Hopefully the extra padding on the new tape will stop the jarring a bit. The new front brakes may also help me to stop in time. I did notice the serious grove forming in my rim when i changed them though. I went for the " it'll get me home" option on that one though.

Bobbie now has a spunky new tire and tube as well. The tire is monstrusly fat kids mountain bike tire, way more heavy duty than i will ever need but will hopefully save me a few flats. I have had far more punctures in the trailer tire than in the main wheels.

I also have new gloves as the old ones, like most of my clothes have more or less rotted away.

now all i am looking for are some rear derailer pulleys but, as i have a 9 speed gear set, these are a little harder to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment