Wednesday 23 September 2009

Shopping Trip

I have arrived in Tblisi. Being my first big city in a while its time to stock up on few things. I dump my gear at the rather funky smelling homestay and head out into the bazzar outside.
1st on my list is drugs. The legal kind that is. A stock of Fassign comes first. Thats for the giardia i really hope i dont get. Next there is some anticbiotics. A rather nasty case of the shits in Turkey rather took to my supply. There is also some more immodium- the same story. Some paracetomol to finish up. all for the grand some of about 4 lari ( about 2.70 aussie)

Next after that its some new clothes. I sent my jeans home and need them now its colder. My shirt cycling shirt has also never really recovered from getting covered in tar. I am stoked when i find a pair of light cotton pants. Exact Size. They are womens but who is going to know. Like wise for the funky shirt i find. Its a touch on the skimpy side but i am working on my man boobs so should be fine.

Next there are some bits and bobs. Powerderd milk- I make sure to get a 9 litre bag when ispot some. A cig lighter- i gave my spare one away to some old dude in Batumi. Grils hair ties- to hold my waterproof pants out of the chain.

Somehow i also manage to end up with a kilo of jam filled pastry. I wanted one but holding a finger up sometimes get a you a kilo instead.

Last are some headphones, though there is only so many time you can hear the same tunes. With the bike fixed and my Azeri visa its been a very successful few days. Its off to the moutains for a days climbing and then back on the bike and off too Baku.

No comments:

Post a Comment